Friday, February 19, 2016

Beneath Rain Clouds

There used to be  roads
where  mudflats have claimed
this is what my father said :
Image result for images of war torn iraqthat flowers of paradise
roamed beyond the crooked bend.
And those roads that used to be
were the very gift of Babylon.
now look around, all is gone -
shattered by fireballs  from a jealous sky.

Reflection bears roses of the it's kind
thus youthful desires I surmise
don't ride upon a camel's back -
they roam the skies on eagles' breasts .
Let the beard fall off the faces that cursed the wind
and burdened my kite with the penguin's fate.

If I were blind, may be I'd be free
just me and my song, we'd chase
the wind to where the spirit bird roams
but these eyes of mine have betrayed me.
they see things that are no longer there.
This vastness between hope and dreams
my fledgling soles may confound ,
but  a summoned will knows no bounds
an exiting moment still awaits.

By

Hope Kalé Ewusi ©






No comments:

Post a Comment