Monday, August 21, 2017

Anticipation

" Total Eclipse Of The Sun "

Fourth onto this day I stand
Eye witness to ancient mystery
Of cosmic proportion -
How good it is to be alive !

Image result for images of total solar eclipse

I see caravans - legions of revelers
Heading north , to the mountains close to the sky-
Far from the city's heckling pulse.
While I , upon my backyard lawn await,
Content just be - a witness close to home.

Slowly the hours ply with diurnal bliss
Seamless yet charged with anticipation -
Of a phenomenon so rare - so divine ....
So charged with spiritual contagion.

Image result for images of total solar eclipse

The orient beam , my morning eyes affirm
Plotting his arc in usual form, but on this day
Somewhere past noon , a change will come.
Gradually , then suddenly the sky will cool
And from light onto darkness and back to light...
Upon all senses, the Sun a trick would play.

Two nights in a span of hours -
One long , the other brief yet spectacular
Confounds the rhythmic flow....
And defies current modes of reflexion.

Of what use then is it , to burden the soul
Seeking to comprehend the mystic sort ?
Some  may dance and chant ,
And invoke spiritual aspects of every hue;
But I , in pure reverence of the Almighty -
Content I'd stand - In the presence of it all .

By Hope Kalé Ewusi ©


No comments:

Post a Comment